Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Canadian Cameo


Last year when on my trip to Canada I stopped at 2 quilt shops - both of them were delightful and I purchased a Cameo quilt kit from one.  It has been a stop-start kind of project.  I really don't enjoy stop-start projects.  I start off with a whole lot of enthusiasm and then it wains...the more I stop-start, the more it wains and the harder it is to get back into it.  Worse still, if I have to pack up my project...well lets say it takes even longer to get back into it, just look at poor old Swoon (sigh).


I really wasn't sure about quilting this one.  I knew I didn't want to just outline the shapes, but I didn't want too much happening in the background either.  Now that it's finished I'm disappointed and am thinking that I should have done just a little bit more on this one.  I'm thinking I may just have to do something fairly plain and simple on the border, but not sure how it would go considering it is bound and completed.  How much would it shrink and how much would it distort?


I do however like my back.  I like the combination of my label (printed at home on my ink jet printer with freezer paper and fabric) with the fabric from the outer border, it's such pretty fabric.  I do rather like this lady's range of fabric and patterns.  I have a few of her other patterns and I guess one day will get around to blogging about them.


Well that's my Canadian Cameo - done and dusted.  Now I just need another trip to purchase a quilt kit from somewhere else.  Any suggestions of where to next?

1 comment:

  1. Great quilt, great colors. Doesn't matter how long it takes to complete a quilt...especially when the finished product is so lovely :)
    Cheers, Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting - I would love to hear from you.