Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A little parcel x2

Well normally all I find in my letter box is snails and their mess, oh and bills...nasty horrid things they are!  But today there were 2 unusually shaped parcels sitting in there that, thankfully, the snails had not touched (now don't get me wrong, when I look in there, there are no snails to be seen but I think they must have mail cam or something because they certainly chew through stuff).


 Firstly there was my bag from the black and white swap organised by Cheryll and made for me by Carol, along with the something smelly which I thought was very clever.


Here is a close up of the lace trim Carol used as the strap of the bag and the extra effort she went to by adding the black floral trim with Rhine stones - enough to make any girl feel spectacular.


Thank you Carol - I am very lucky indeed. 

Then there was my other parcel which contained my 12 inch mini from the Spring exchange.  I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened it, for 2 reasons.  One was the fabric that Maria had used for the border - I fell in love with this fabric last year and bought all the purples in this range to make a quilt for 'Mrs G' who was baby bear #3 teacher but didn't buy any for myself and have been cross with myself for it and now thanks to Maria, I don't have to be as I can just look at my Spring mini and feel happy.


The other thing that Maria sent me was this amazingly tiny log cabin block that is a perfect.  Every time I look at it I am in awe of those tiny stitches.  Not only is that skill, it also show patience.


So thank you to both of my swap partners, Carol and Maria and again, also to Cheryll for organising the swaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting - I would love to hear from you.