Monday, September 1, 2014

Boxy Pouches

2 different patterns
2 different interfacings
2 similar but different results.


This one was the more detailed pattern in the number of steps
to create the pouch.
Towards the end it was fiddly because I was working
with small pieces.


The pattern called for ironing a fold down the middle of each piece.
I then had trouble ironing out that fold.
I think it should come good over time.
The interfacing was one from Spotlight and held any ironed shape very well.


Over- all a great pattern and I was pleased with the result.


This was the second one.
A different pattern, less pieces and less steps,
however not as neat on the inside.
If you're not into exposed/raw seams, then this pattern is not for you.


For this one I used Pellon shape flex.
Oh boy!
I'd never used it before.
AMAZING!
I bought some on e-bay to try as I keep seeing it in patterns.
Shops owners of Australia -
START STOCKING THIS PRODUCT!
It is firm yet flexible, hence the name.
You can iron it and it is still pliable.
I loved working with it.

Overall I prefer the second boxy pouch -
it's Bonnie and Camille,
it was quick,
it was super easy and not fiddly,
the shape is better (due to the shape flex).

Oh and these are my first 2 finishes for September.

7 comments:

  1. These are awesome Claire....2 already, well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I spread my boxy pouches addiction?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking pouches, thanks for the great explanations :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are lovely. And thanks for telling us about the new product. Sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Clairebear they are lovely,well done and 2 finishes and its only the 1st,awesome my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Claire love the second one - very pretty..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting - I would love to hear from you.