Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Anzac Day



My day started with the dawn service here in town at 6 a.m.  I have gone to this service and the 11 am service for the past few years - since baby bear #1 joined Scouts. Well, I got a bit of a surprise this morning.  It was packed!  The report on the news tonight said it was the biggest crowd they have had and I can vouch for that.

After the service I came home and did a few hours of corrections/assessment/planning for school before settling down to stitch and sew.

I'm currently working on this:

Deck The Halls - by The Birdhouse -Stitchery Pattern

It really is very cute.  I've finished my things for my partners (Hi Lynn and Laura!) for the Friends with Benefits Swap and just need to post them.  I'm supposed to take photos but I can't put them on my Blog until they are received and seeing as both parcels are going to the United States...lets just say it will be a couple of weeks before I can post about them.  It was a great swap to be involved in and I sure hope that Kathy runs another one soon.

While I was stitching and sewing I watched this -


A very moving story based on true events.  Faith surely is an amazing thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting - I would love to hear from you.