Sunday, April 8, 2012

Dear Stella

I fell in love with this fabric when I first saw it a few months ago.  I ordered mine from here and have been waiting to find the right pattern...I haven't found the right pattern, so I'm making this one up myself.

 It took me a while to get the measurements correct for the first block - lots of cutting and sewing, re-cutting and re-sewing, until I got it just right.


The second set of blocks came together so much faster and neater too...I think doing the H.S.T. in the new way has made a huge difference, both in terms of time and also the way the fabric handles.  A lot less handling and a whole lot of starch makes for almost perfect H.S.T.


And you can see from this picture the pile of off cuts and scraps gathering while I work.  Think I have something else in mind for some of those larger pieces.

Oh, and Happy Easter everyone!

1 comment:

  1. your blocks look great. I like the fabrics you have used.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting - I would love to hear from you.