Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A sticky situation...

A while ago I was having trouble with HSTs.
I just wasn't as precise as I wanted to be.
For some reason they weren't all sitting as they 
should and it was frustrating me.

I went on the search for a new method.
I found glue.
Yep glue.

At first I was all "no way, you can't do that"
and then I thought maybe I should try it.


I ordered this little lot from Purple Daisies Quilting
I will let you know how they work out when I use them.


  1. Hi Clairebear it sounds like a great idea,hope it works for you.xx

  2. Great idea. Must try it myself. Hugs, xx

  3. I am interested to see how it goes.

  4. Would be very interesting down the track. Hope that they are solvent free etc. Used to use a product when heirloom sewing for the girls called fray check and another was a glue for sewing. Ate holes into a rayon skirt I made years ago. Just make sure it is going to be a relatively quick project say over a couple of months so you can get it washed out. My skirt was constructed over 12 months and first wash the hem came away from the rest of the skirt! In say this I am sure that products are much better now.


Thanks for visiting - I would love to hear from you.