Sunday, April 21, 2013

A finish!

Remember how I redid the centre block of my Marcelle Quilt?
Well I decided to reuse the original centre block.


This is the completed pillow case - I just used the whole centre block and decided not to add a border for fear of making the pillow way too big.
I did a simple stitch in the ditch quilting around all of the triangular pieces.


There she sits, on the couch but I think I will need to make a proper pillow insert so that it gets into the corners and has less bulk around the middle (oh she sounds like me).
I'm happy with it and feel good for not wasting such beautiful fabrics.

8 comments:

  1. wow Claire this cushion is awesome you are a clever girl,well done on a beautiful finish.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new cushion Claire. Well done. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made up as a gorgeous cushion Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous finish Claire. Amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the contrast between the higher and lower volume fabrics. It really sets the pattern off well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made that cushion last weekend! Yours is much nicer than mine though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you did with the block.. A great cushion cover..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting - I would love to hear from you.