Sunday, April 14, 2013

Lately...

There has been a lot going on but at the same time there hasn't - if that makes sense.  Busy doing family and household things.  2 trips to the orthodontist for kids 2 + 3, one new set of x-rays and a 'keep going, you're doing really well' - that was for #2, she was hoping that the archaic and barbaric structure she has in place would come out early (due out in October) and there is a chance it may, but not as early as she would like...then the braces go on.  Yikes!  All because she sucked her thumb...


 Baby bear #3 has discovered a new talent...I'm so very proud ;) 
he had us all giggling the other night while he was waiting for his dessert.


This old Buzz Lightyear long stitch has made a resurgence.  I bought it ages ago in an attempt to get baby bear #3 working his hands and fingers and also because he is a HUGE Buzz fan.  It has been very hit and miss - his frustration levels are not the best.  #2 has been working on it for him a little.  Don't expect a finish on it any time soon.


This is what remains of my Marcelle Medallion.  Yes, I pulled it apart.  I had always thought it needed one extra border and then I was having trouble getting the borders to fit and blah de blah blah.  So I did what any self respecting crazy person does...I unpicked it.


And started again.  I have kept the original centre piece and think I will turn it into a pillow.  I redid the centre making sure that it was spot on and much to my dismay, surprise, pleasure - it was exactly the same size as the first (so I didn't make a boo-boo after all).  I spent the better part of yesterday afternoon sewing the borders on - I made a few minor adjustments and now have 2 borders to go and the top will be finished.

Think I may need to go to Spotlight this afternoon to get the necessary batting and backing fabrics.  Any suggestions on how to quilt it? 

4 comments:

  1. I am so proud that you have stuck with it Claire :) As far as quilting goes ... no idea, that's why I gave my to a Longarm Quilter! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will make a terrific pillow. I say hand quilt it but then I am a sucker for punishment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be wonderful Claire... seeing you put in such an effort. Can't help with the quilting though but it will "come" to you I'm sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful work Claire and isnt baby bear so clever.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting - I would love to hear from you.