Monday, April 15, 2013

Sunday afternoon

I'm sure you are probably getting sick and tired of me going on and on and about my escapades with Marcelle.  She most certainly is not my best friend.


I spent Sunday working on her and after a quick trip to Spotlight I started to quilt her.  I opted for a very light weight bamboo batting by Sew Easy.


My kids aren't too good at holding quilts for photos...
or it could be me being all shaky cause the top is finally finished!


I decided to try and expand on my free motion skills and do a bit of a Green Fairy - I love the way she quilts!  Now I am in no way, shape or form anywhere near as talented as Judi is but I thought I'd give it a go.


How will my skills improve unless I push myself, right?


So there is in the centre lines within lines for the star, followed by  squiggly lines in the dark green/grey triangles and then pebbling in the 2 mid grey triangles



Not sure what else will follow but I'm happy so far.  I just know it's going to take some time to get it done.  Unfortunately though it wont be finished before school goes back - that, sadly is today.

9 comments:

  1. It looks great and I love the quilting you have started on it too. Enjoy your first day back in the classroom. Schools back for our two girls too so the routines are back in place for them. Sadly the routine doesn't really change for me lol but I will now have the drop off and pick up added to a busy day lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow and double wow Claire this quilt is awesome and i love the colours you have used,well done my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE the emerald colour you chose! It is STuNNinG! This quilt will be a work of art! Great job Claire!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Claire it is stunning. All that worry on this one but look what you have. This one has to come to Melb in July :) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you have combined the different quilting. I have yet to try anything like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's really fun to quilt if you mix up the pattern, all over quilting is a bit boring to do on a big quilt. It looks great- I did the centre block this weekend and lets just say I'm not going any further with it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic work Claire. It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting - I would love to hear from you.